Back-End Engineer L2 (Golang)
RemoteUnited States, Vermont, EssexEngineering
Are you an exceptional Golang developer? Do you excel at both functionality and design when coding? Are you eager to make a big impact with your skills and experience? Are you excited to become a part of an ambitious cybersecurity SaaS startup’s growth journey?
What you will be doing
As someone passionate about secure, clean and DRY code, you will play a critical role in crafting our micro-services.
- As a member of the features team, you will deliver features across our business logic ensuring code reusability and encapsulation of commonly used code in stand-alone unit-tested libraries
- As a software engineer, you will push and accept merge requests, and you will take part in XP and code-review sessions with more junior and more senior team members to ensure high-quality artifacts are being delivered
- As a software engineer, you will debug your code-base and participate in root-cause analysis efforts together with other team members
At Preava there is no room for weak designs; you will work with a highly-technical team of experienced engineers.
As a part of our feature team, you will work with all the latest technologies like gRPC, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and MongoDB. As a part of our engineering organization, you will rely on CI/CD, GitOps and functional testing automation to automate your workflow. We expect you to become an active member of a low-power-distance, highly-relational engineering culture.
What you will learn
We expect you to embrace a continuous learning journey to push the technological boundaries.
Compensation and benefits
- Monthly compensation negotiable based on experience
- Equity options available
- 23 paid days off for all full-timers
- Annual performance-based bonuses
- Annual compensation increases as you grow with us
- Occasional team meet-ups in different parts of the world!
- CS/technical university degree
- 3+ years of coding experience in Golang
- Comfortable with Linux and/or macOS environments and shell scripting
- As a plus, familiarity with build systems (Make, CMake) and CI/CD
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and implement new technologies
- Ability to work 100% remotely